Sunday 21 December 2014

Comparing Titanic and Revolutionary Road - performance wise

Hi guys! I'm back and today I am going to compare Titanic and Revolutionary in terms of performance.  I will talk about the performance in a scene from both and explain the performance, and then lastly I will compare each performance.

Titanic performance:

 
 
I really like this scene because this is when Rose and Jack share their first kiss – the scene is when Rose says “I’m flying Jack”.  The scene starts off with Jack starting out at sea and then Rose appears, Jack asks Rose to grab his hand which she does and he leads her to go in front of him.  Jack grabs Rose’s other hand and leads her onto the top step of the deck (Rose has her eyes closed when this is all happening).  Jack tells Rose to open her eyes and this is when she says “I’m flying Jack, I’m flying”.

 The performance in this scene is breathtaking because as the scene goes on you see that both characters become more comfortable together and then start to trust each other. Especially Rose, in this scene she finally starts to trust Jack.  Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) acting in this scene is remarkable.  This is because at the start of the scene you see Jack surprised to see Rose coming towards him.  Afterwards, he seems to take it all in and becomes more relaxed. You can tell he became more relaxed by his facial expressions. 
 
In an interview once, Kate said that she is embarassed by her Titanic performance - she said "even my American accent, I can't listen to it".  This shows that
Even though as an audience member I thought it was really good and very confincing, Kate doesn't think so.
 
 
 
Revolutionary Road performance:
  
 
 
 This scene is a lot different than Titanic because this is when Frank and April have a fight after April's first show at the theatre.  The scene starts off with an awkward silence in the car and then Frank pulls over and starts to slowly have a go at April.  This then turns into a very heated argument and it ends in April stepping outside the car and have a cigarette in order to calm down.  As Titanic is one of my favorite and I love the chemistry between Jack and Rose, I found watching this scene very difficult to watch as both characters are fighting all the time.
 
In this film Winslet had to do an American accent again.  I still think it is amazing and Kate did a really good job.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment