Wednesday 11 March 2015

Catalogue ~ All the sources

Films:

Focus film: Revolutionary Road
Related film 1: Titanic
Related film 2: Inception
Related film 3:  The Holiday

Books:

  1. Susan Hayward, Cinema Studies ; The Key Concepts.  Third edition, Routledge 2006 and pages 375-384  
  2. Paula Parissi, Titanic and the making of James Cameron.  1998 and pagers 95-99.
  3. Richard.Dyer.  Stars (BFI, London, 1979), pages 72–98.   

Websites

  1. http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariannarebolini/proof-that-kate-and-leos-love-is-the-deepest-love-of-all#.vnR2D108l - I found this source really fascinating to read/look at because it was showing all the special moments that Winslet and DiCaprio shared and then some people have commented on saying how they are meant to be and also how great their chemistry is.
  2. http://www.hollywood.com/news/celebrities/22201299/kate-winslet-calls-her-titanic-performance-awful?page=all/ - I found this very interesting because it is Kate reacting to her old self and telling the interviewer that she hates her American accent in Titanic.  Winslet revealed that she is actually embarrassed by the way she is acting in Titanic and she hopes that her accent is a lot better than it was.
  3. http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/368722/Leonardo-Di-Caprio-reveals-Kate-Winslet-remains-closest-friend/ I used both of these sources quite a lot because they are showing the reader what Winslet thinks about her relationship with DiCaprio and then the second source is showing that Leo is revealing that Kate and himself are still close friends.
  4. http://sites.inka.de/humpty/titanic/script.html - This scene was used when I was evaluating the script for the First class dinner scene in Titanic.  I found it very useful and interesting looking at the stage directions for the scene.
  5. https://www.commonsensemedia.org/reviews - This source was useful because I found it interesting looking through people's opinions on the films that I looked at.  Titanic is my favourite film whereas some people really don't like it, but they like Revolutionary Road - I liked Revolutionary Road but it wasn't my favourite. 
  6. http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2014100221233/kate-winslet-talks-about-relationship-with-leonardo-dicaprio/- This source is showing what DiCaprio and Kate actually think about each other from their own opinions.  I found it useful because it was fascinating to see what Kate and Leo thought about each other personally instead of the press saying it.    
  7. www.wikipedia.com -I used this source quire a lot when finding about background information for each of the 4 films I studied for this project.  Wikipedia allowed me to learn who directed the film, where most of the filming took place and also any awards the film one.  While researching more information about 'Revolutionary Road' I found out that Kathy Bates was in this film and was in Titanic which is where she met Winslet and DiCaprio.    
  8. www.youtube.com - I have used these sources to get videos from the films and also to get some YouTube comments.  This was very useful because I could see what people thought of the clip and watch the clip at the same time.    

No comments:

Post a Comment