Saturday 4 October 2014

Friendship

Hey guys! This blog today is going to be about Leo and Kate's friendship...in their words.  I found an article which was just posted on 2nd October.  Below is the link to it.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2014100221233/kate-winslet-talks-about-relationship-with-leonardo-dicaprio/


Kate Winslet's words...from Marie Claire interview


  • "I think the reason that friendship works is because there was no romantic thing"

This quote is telling us that Kate Winslet thinks why her friendship with Leonardo DiCaprio is so strong and also why they have been close friends since Titanic (17 years ago).  But while reading this for the first time I was slightly confused because  in both films Kate and Leo are together they are in love, but then when I realised she meant outside acting I got it.  


  • She also said that Leo always saw her "as one of the boys", she said she's "never really been a girly-girl"

Kate said she has never been a 'girly-girl' which surprised me a lot because when she was just becoming a big star, she was the 'girl next-door' from Reading.  Also for premiers she always dressed up and put a lot of make-up, but Winslet might of done this so she can not get judged by the press/media by not having enough make-up or why she isn't wearing a dress.


  • Winslet also added "We needed each other to lean on because we were very young and working all kinds of crazy bloody hours, and it was a shock to the system"


Leonardo DiCaprio's words...from Express interview

  • He said that he and Kate "laugh at the same things...she never lets me take myself seriously, even if I wanted to.  We have a special magic".

I really like what Leo said about his friendship with Kate because when he said 'we have a special magic', it just proves that their friendship is very strong and also it is very different.  I love how DiCaprio is an American and Winslet is British - two best friends who have different nationalities.  



 

Here is a video I found on YouTube, which is a tribute to the wonderful friendship Kate and Leo have together...


No comments:

Post a Comment